Summer Jam West is seeking an experienced, local artist to create a 3-D art installation for 2018. You’ll be asked to submit a colour mock up of what you envision when your application is received. You’ll also be asked to supply images of relative, past work. The sculpture must be completed and in place no later than the end of June 2018.
Deadline for Submission: October 31, 2017
Notification of Selection: November 15, 2017
– 50% of the fee will be paid December 1, 2017
– 50% (Balance) to be paid upon completion of installation.
– Location will be revealed once art work is approved.
– 3-D art installation must acknowledge in some way our 2018 theme of “Hilltop Rising”
– Our image for 2018 depicts a phoenix rising, and although each artist is free to interpret our theme as they see it, we encourage the vision of a phoenix rising.
– 3-D art installation must make a significant visual impact
– Transportation of artwork is the artist’s responsibly. SJW will have a licensed contractor install the sculpture.
– Artist must carry their own insurance
– Judging will take place at our November board meeting
– Scoring will consist of Overall Appeal, Location of Artist, Representation of theme, and experience of artist.
– Artists may submit more than one design (please use a separate application for each submission)
– Please include the dimensions of your proposed sculpture in the comments section.
If you require assistance in finding affordable transportation for your sculpture, please contact us.
We reserve the right to extend the deadline if none of the designs meet our expectations.